Planning is underway across Kentucky for six regional beekeeping schools to be held between January 19th and March 10th, 2013. Every year over a thousand beekeepers across the commonwealth are introduced to beekeeping or improve their skills and knowledge through classes at these schools. Sessions for all levels of skill will be offered, including beginning beekeeping instruction for those with no past experience. In addition, beekeeping supply companies will be present at vendor shows at all of the schools. This is an opportunity to inspect and compare beekeeping equipment, ask questions, and make purchases or place orders. These schools are the result of the cooperative efforts of local Kentucky beekeeping associations, beekeepers, and the University of Kentucky and Kentucky State University Extension programs.
As it becomes available, additional information and updates for each school will be found at the Kentucky State Beekeepers Association webpage.
- January 19: Eastern Kentucky Beekeeping School, Hazard
- February 2: Allen County Beekeeping School, Scottsville
- February 9: Southeast Beekeeping School, Williamsburg
- February 23: Northeast KY Beekeeping School, Morehead
- March 2: Audubon Bee School, Henderson
- March 9: Bluegrass Beekeeping School, Frankfort