I received this press release today, announcing a federal government program for reimbursements for livestock losses – the ELAP program, which includes honey bee colonies. For more information, you can see the 2014 Farm Bill fact sheet, but there is not a lot of information there. Alternate and perhaps best source of information is contacting your local Farm Service Agency office. I’m attaching the link for state FSA offices, from the state office webpages, you may locate your local office. Sign-ups for the program begins April, 15, 2014.
Sign up for Phil’s email list!
Want to hear from me when I have new information, that you might be interested in? It is easy to sign up to receive my emails.
Click here to open the sign-up form in a new page. This also tells me, a little about you, when you contact me with a question.
If you change your mind it is easy to unsubscribe.
You can also email me at: email@example.com, I'm happy to respond to email questions.
Phil’s past posts by topic
- 2016 new hives from package bees
- A Tale of Two Hives
- A Tale of Two Nucs
- Africanized honey bees
- Beekeeping diseases, parasites and pests
- Beekeeping in the media
- Beginning Beekeeping
- Buying bees and beekeeping equipment
- Guest post from Kent Williams
- Guest posts
- Hive management
- Honey bee behavior
- Honey bee biology
- Honey bee or beekeeping research
- Natural history
- Phil's travels!
- Phil’s reflections, but not beekeeping or barely beekeeping.
- Questions from beekeepers and Phil’s replies
- Removing and processing your honey crop
- Schools, classes, beekeeping groups, education
- The beekeepers book shelf
- Thoughts on beekeeping by Phil
- What other beekeepers are up to
Phil’s Beekeeping Info